7->Q->6

I just wanted to get my comics, maybe go to the Apple Store and ogle an iPad a little bit.

Two months ago, it wouldn't be so hard. Get on the 7 train to either Grand Central or to Times Square. Walk a couple blocks and there you are.

Then the MTA shut down weekend service between Times Square and Queensboro Plaza.

Now I have to transfer once to get to Times Square, twice for Grand Central (I find it a bit ironic that only a handful of subway lines hit Grand Central Station). So I make my transfers and get my comics and do the whole thing in reverse on a lazy Saturday.

I don't really understand why the MRA would cut off weekend service into Manhattan. Why not overnight? Are there that many people using the trains between midnight and 5-6 a.m. weekdays that it would be more of a disruption?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been a While

Redistricting Battle

Torture