The Most Important Meal of the Day

Usually on a workday, it's not unusual for my breakfast to comprise of my coffee and a bowl of cereal, and then head off to work. Not having a job for the last five months gives me some more time to make breakfast. One of my favorites, dating back to childhood, is quesadillas.

When my mom made them - and how I started making them myself - she would put flour tortillas over an open flame, put some cheese in and melt it in the microwave. Throw on some hot sauce and this has always been my preferred way of making a quesadilla. 

I noticed something in the last year, though. Flour tortillas (why do I need two tries to type tortillas?) seriously mess with my blood sugar. So, I switched to corn tortillas. I also stopped cooking them over an open flame on the stove. 



I use a variety of cheeses now; really it's just whatever I have in my fridge. This morning, as seen above, I used some six-cheese Italian mix along with some shredded cheddar. Throw on some hot sauce (that's the red bleeding out from under the cheese, by the way) and a couple eggs over easy (ok, they were cooked a bit more than over easy) and I've got a pretty filling meal for the morning. And, something to write about, which is fairly important. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been a While

Redistricting Battle

Torture