Chowdah?

Normally, when we have clam chowder, Stacey takes up the cooking. In my continuing attempts to branch out, however, I decided to take a shot at it. 

When I cook a new item, I like to use a recipe, unless I'm just making up new ways to season chicken or steak. For clam chowder, I was going to want to use a recipe. I asked Stacey to send me one and she complied, because she likes it when I'm cooking dinner when she gets home from school. 

Unfortunately, instead of a chowder, it ended up a little too think. I used too much flour, not enough half and half. It was more of a clam, onion and potato oatmeal. 


The "chowder," of course, is on the right. On the left is my garlic bread, which I usually make when we have a soup or salad of some sort. Take a loaf of Italian bread, slice it up (I usually get 12 slices or so), butter the bread and season with garlic salt and some red pepper and toss it in a toaster oven. Viola. 

I'll have to make the chowder again with some adjustments. It tasted great, just wasn't very creamy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been a While

Redistricting Battle

Torture