Day 270

Days like today I really miss living in Central New York.

It's not that I'm homesick, or that being in Central New York is so much better than being in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. It's the driving I miss.

A day like today would be the perfect time to get in my car, roll down the window and go for a drive, going to visit any of the myriad friends I have a couple hours away, or just getting in the car to enjoy the weather and just drive around.

I suppose I could get in my car and go for a drive here, but it's not the same. I don't know the area like I did Central New York. After all, I lived there for almost 10 years. And outside of my sister down towards Chicago, I don't really know anyone in the area. Plus, my car has been legitimately deemed a death trap by a mechanic just a month ago. I always suspected, but now I have proof.

So instead, I'll sit on my balcony with my laptop and ponder what I'm going to do today or tomorrow or sometime later this week. But I'd really love to just go for a drive right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been a While

Redistricting Battle

Torture