Day 256

It's been 256 days since I've had a job. On Jan. 9, I walked out of the Berkshire Eagle offices. The next day, I was told that my resignation was accepted. Since that day, I have:

- Moved out of my apartment in North Adams and brought all my stuff back to my parents' place in Malone, NY.

- A week later, I moved in with my girlfriend and her brother in Palatine, Illinois.

- Got hired as a sales rep for a place that went business to business selling AT&T.

- Quit that two days later when I realized it was in no way a job I would enjoy doing.

- Gone on a dozen or so interviews, with no luck.

- Was asked to be a writer for a web series about Furries. Got creeped out and didn't follow through with a treatment.

- Signed on to a Congressional campaign, but financial issues made me back away.

- Did some freelance work for a construction business to business magazine that did not hire me as a features editor. Twice.

- Quit smoking and drinking diet soda.

- Got sick and ended up in the hospital. Twice.

- Got out of the hospital and spent about a month recovering.

So now I'm back out and I'm back to sending out resumes. This morning, I've sent out four follow-up e-mails so far before I started writing this entry, which is something I've been meaning to do for a couple weeks now. In a little while, I'll be heading back to the campaign offices to get back into the swing of things there. Hopefully, the Elliot Richardson campaign will give me something to do other than playing X-Box and avoiding the dishes. Then, tonight, the first trip to the Y for a workout.

What's next for our hapless hero? Most likely more X-Box. More resumes sent from Caribou Coffee. More being sore from the workouts.

So, here we are again. Another attempt at another blog. I hate blogs and I hate that I'm writing one, but sometimes, it just has to be done.

Let the games begin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been a While

Redistricting Battle

Torture