Day 257

How exactly does one become a private investigator? And why would you advertise your need for a private invcestigator on Craig's List? Then again, I can't comprehend seeing job ads for doctors, lawyers and other high-paid executives on Craig's List. I mean, these are places that should, conceivably, be able to pay for job ads on reputable websites that advertise these positions, wouldn't you think? Has the economy crumbled that bad that the law firm of Dewey, Cheetum and Howe needs to find a free place to search for a prospective new shyster?

It makes searching for jobs on Craig's List and other places, like Career Builder, difficult when I have to sift through all of these jobs that I, as a writer/editor, are in no way qualified for. And it makes me a little sad. Because it's Day 257, as the title of this post points out for you. How many people have joined the ranks of job seeker in those 257 days? And how many of those have found new jobs and have started working, while I continue to toil, searching for anything that would happen to give me the slightest paycheck? Christ, I can't even get the "creative" job agency to call me back with a temporary position. Are my skills really not that transferable?

Of course they are. I was a managing editor. I can be in charge of people. I hired and fired people. Sure, my last job didn't end in the greatest of ways, but at least I wasn't fired from the Transcript. I walked out of my own accord. And now, 257 days later, I sit here, still at Caribou Coffee, searching job sites.

I hope you're happy employed workers of the world, mocking me from your cubicles and offices. But I refuse to be defeated! I will carry on my quest to join you in the daily grind! I will not bend! I will not break! I will not quit! Keep hope alive! Keep! Hope! Alive!

*Ahem*

Right. I'm OK. Carry on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been a While

Redistricting Battle

Torture