Back in college, I got hooked on a delivery place for (usually) late-night post-drinking munchies. D.P. Dough made several different kinds of calzones. My favorite was the Buffalo Zone (later renamed the Buff Zone, for reasons beyond my understanding). It was, unsurprisingly, a calzone stuffed with buffalo chicken. I ordered that much more often than I care to remember. Now, I'm nowhere near a D.P. Dough, and I've yet to find a place that sells a calzone that matches it. One of the upsides of cooking for yourself is you can make something just the way you want it. Back when we were still in Chicago, that's exactly what we did. Usually, Stacey takes point on the calzones. But Stacey went back to Liverpool today, so I'm left on my own. Helpfully, Stacey left some dough behind from the pumpkin pizza she made last week, so I had all I needed to make a calzone on my own. Wow, OK, this picture's not as good as I hoped. In front is a ricotta mixture, wi...
It's been a long time since I've written anything other than a cover letter. Frankly, while I try to change things up every now and then, there's very little creativity that goes into writing one of those things. "Dear Sir or Madam, as the case may be, I'm awesome. Hire me. I know you won't, it's OK. But I'm trying to pretend that all hope is not lost here, just to save some face. Thanks for pretending to take the time to review stuff, Me." Hmmm. I may use that next time I send something out. Today, I shall try to write, because it's Wednesday and why not? Because I enjoy torturing myself, I will post what I write right here. In fact, I'll just write here. Maybe. It sure beats applying for jobs, but it's not as much fun as playing video games, so I'll do some of that, too. I'm babbling. Good bye.
How exactly does one become a private investigator? And why would you advertise your need for a private invcestigator on Craig's List ? Then again, I can't comprehend seeing job ads for doctors, lawyers and other high-paid executives on Craig's List. I mean, these are places that should, conceivably, be able to pay for job ads on reputable websites that advertise these positions, wouldn't you think? Has the economy crumbled that bad that the law firm of Dewey, Cheetum and Howe needs to find a free place to search for a prospective new shyster? It makes searching for jobs on Craig's List and other places, like Career Builder, difficult when I have to sift through all of these jobs that I, as a writer/editor, are in no way qualified for. And it makes me a little sad. Because it's Day 257, as the title of this post points out for you. How many people have joined the ranks of job seeker in those 257 days? And how many of those have found new jobs and have started wo...
Comments
Post a Comment